The Bottom Line:
- Don’t get deceived by the fact that just because fructose is natural it is ok to have as much as you want.
- Most of us consume far too much fructose (in the form of refined sugar).
- Fructose consumed as part of a whole fruit is not bad for you.
- Fructose in excess is worse than excess glucose.
- Eating fructose doesn’t make you feel full and might even make you feel hungrier.
- Excessive consumption of fructose is associated with diabetes and obesity.
- Eating fructose increases the triglycerides in your blood – (a type of fat which is more closely correlated with having a heart attack than cholesterol is).